There are millions upon millions of business advice. But, beyond the convoluted theories, the best business advice ever can be reduced to a few short sentences:
- Customers are the most important people in the business- whether they come in person, write to us or telephone.
- Customers are not dependent upon us- we depend upon them for our living.
- Customers are not an interruption of our work- they are the purpose of it. They are doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to serve to serve them.
- Customers are not people with whom to argue or match our wits. No one ever won an argument with a customer.
- Customers are people who come to us because they need certain goods or services. It is our job to provide them in a way profitable to them and to ourselves.
- Customers are not cold statistics- they are flesh and blood human beings, with emotions and prejudices like our own.
- Customers are the most important people in this business- without them, there would be no business.
Very simple set of advice but. the potency is in the simplicity